• Search all forums
  • Forum help and frequently asked questions
    Help
    • Forum help and frequently asked questions
agency nursing
maud72

3 Posts

Posted:  27-Oct-2014 19:03
Hi, I am new to the forum and wanted to ask if any nurses have left full time employment to do agency nursing? I have an interview in a couple of weeks as I have had enough of the politics and ever growing paperwork which sadly now accompanies nursing. I want to be able to go into work and do what I worked hard for, nurse! Any info would be appreciated. Many thanks [:I]

lottie
maud72

3 Posts

Posted:  28-Oct-2014 20:04
thanks suzanne x
[:)]

lottie
wendiesmith

25 Posts

Posted:  30-Oct-2014 07:31
Hey, I'm a nurse practitioner and have just left a substantive post to.work.as a Locum. Firstly it does give the benefit of no.politics however as long as you don't mind working in different places not having a team to support you and can manage on a variable wage then it's viable. Are you registered with an agency? Have you discussed work in your area? Ltd company is also a good idea however you are restricted to how much money you can withdraw every month.
Good luck, if you want any more advice or support let me know xx
maud72

3 Posts

Posted:  30-Oct-2014 21:43
thanks for all your advice, it has given me a lot to look into. xx

lottie
AntonioWifearmas

13 Posts

Posted:  21-Jun-2016 15:50
I think that being an agency nurse is a great thing. It gives you more flexibility, it gives you more of an interesting pathway, and it gets your foot in the door to other avenues on different floors. If you want to learn more about agency nursing and what it entails, do a google search and type in agency nursing. From there, you will find all kinds of different aspects and avenues. Good luck on your new adventure. That is so exciting. Purplehippo, CNA
CAnguita

1 Posts

Posted:  16-Sep-2016 16:44
Hello , My name is Carlos ,I am registered nurse working in Maidstone , I would like to know the best agencie to work here as a agency in Maidstone, maybe in a nursing home. Thanks in advance
CharlesLickeply

54 Posts

Posted:  10-Oct-2016 17:00
Congratulations on your interview. I am so happy that you are going on the interview. I think that is a great thing for you to do. My advice would be for you are the following:

1. Dress nicely
2. Wear nice attire
3. Bring a lot of information in order to fill out paperwork and other things.
4. Do research on the company before you go to interview.
5. Write thank you letters.
6. Always smile and act professional.

I hope this helps.
Please log in to post on the forum. It is free to register.
Some links are only clickable if you are logged in
Featured Jobs
Lead Nurse - Outpatients and Diagnostics
Lead Nurse – Outpatients and diagnostics. Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CPD. South West London....
This job offer was posted by Bupa 16 January 2019
Sister/Charge Nurse in Pre Assessment Unit
Band 6 – Pre Assessment Unit Sister/Charge Nurse. This would be an ideal opportunity for an ambitious nurse to gain valuable experience in patient ass....
This job offer was posted by Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust 10 January 2019
Outpatient Nurse
Registered Nurse with a valid NMC PIN Number. Bupa Health and Wellness clinics are currently recruiting for 2 Outpatient Staff Nurses to work in our C....
This job offer was posted by Bupa 08 January 2019
Paediatric Staff Nurse - Day Case
NMC Child Registered Nurse with basic paediatric life support. As a Paediatric Staff Nurse working within the daycase unit, you will be responsible an....
This job offer was posted by HCA 04 January 2019
RGN, Aesthetic Nurse
Aesthetic Nurse, RGN (part-time). Once fully trained and after gaining experience within our business, Nurses can also progress towards becoming a Lea....
This job offer was posted by skːn Clinics 03 January 2019
Events
Add Event
Public Personal