• Forum help and frequently asked questions
    Help
    • Forum help and frequently asked questions
Becoming a nurse in the UK from overseas
Emeelou

2 Posts

Posted:  10-Jul-2016 16:37
Hello

I would like to ask for some advice please as to my current situation and how to become a nurse in the UK. I seem to be going round in circles as to what I need to achieve to be able to join the NMC register. Please let me outline my current status:

I am Filipino and my current status here in the UK is indefinite leave to remain; I am married to a UK national and we plan to apply for citizenship for me in the coming years.

I graduated in 2006: Bachelor of Science in Nursing in the Philippines.

I am a registered nurse in the Philippines.

My experience comprises of 3 months volunteer experience in a medical surgical ward in the Philippines (this is not documented) and several post graduation 2-3 day courses with certification. For two years I worked in Tel Aviv, Israel, as a personal care assistant / nurse; this was for a private client.

I am currently studying to achieve IELTS level 7 in English, I am aware this needs to be achieved.

I cannot seem to find solid advice as to the way forward for me in my pursuit of becoming a nurse in the UK, I have spoken to universities, agencies and several people regarding this and I seem to get somewhat half advice, and I feel I am going around in circles trying to pin-point exactly what I need to achieve. When speaking to universities regarding my situation they can’t seem to pin-point the exact course and have advised me to speak with the NMC, but when I do email and speak with the NMC they just point me to their website and I go around in circles again as I don’t qualify to register; as I do not have the relevant experience.

Or if anyone can direct me as to whom to speak to that would be great.

Many Thanks
Emeelou
Emeelou

2 Posts

Posted:  18-Jul-2016 10:46
Hello SB

Thanks very much for your reply, it does look like what you have outlined above is going to be the case. It is extremely hard to get solid / conclusive / official answers regarding my position though, once I know for sure I can then make decisions on the way forward.

Again thanks for your reply.
Emeelou
Don

1 Posts

Posted:  07-May-2018 20:01
Hi to all,

I just want to ask if there is any update regarding this topic?

Don
Please log in to post on the forum. It is free to register.
Some links are only clickable if you are logged in